03-25-2013 08:05 PM
There was an update in Blackberry work for Application Resource Monitor.
After restarting the device after install/upgrade, the phone bootup white bar is stuck at around 3/4th and does not finish booting up.
Tried connecting it to the PC via and device manager is not able to connect to the device.
Tried the Safe Mode boot sequence of holding down Esc key after the red light goes off after battery pull and re-insert and still no luck.
Any advise on how to recover the phone?
03-26-2013 07:42 AM
Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums
Sorry to hear the issues you encountered after a application update , Something must have gone wrong with the update.
If you are unable to boot in Safe Mode and also Desktop Software is unable to recoginze your device then you have to follow this Knowledge Base to recover your device , please note this method delete all data within our device, I hope you have a previous backup from which you can restore ,
Try this KB:
KB10144 : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
Try it and let us know.
03-26-2013 01:16 PM
I tried the process to reload the OS.
Looked BB Device Manager was able to reload the OS. But when it restarted the phone, it just again stopped at 75%
Tried with 2 version of the 7.1 OS, but the same result.
OS installs fine (or atleast BB manager says it did) and then it gets stuck on the device reboot.
03-26-2013 01:51 PM
Ok if even after installing a newer OS your device is enable to Boot , then you should try some third party software like BBSAK to completely wipe your device and then load the Device Software. If you want to try that then follow those steps.
First remove any previous OS pack that you have installed in your PC. THEN :
1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here and Install it in your PC or Laptop Carriers
2. Now Double Click the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC
3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software
4.Search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete them, there may be one or two vendor.xml ( On your Pc change your folders option to show hidden files/folders ) :
5. Use BBSAK from http://bbsak.org/ and wipe the device then after you get the error 507 ( no OS ) then proceed to next step.
6. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe.
Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop
03-26-2013 03:23 PM
Did all the steps till getting BBSAK to see the phone.
But BBSAK is not able to connect to the phone.
So, i am unable to wipe the device using BBSAK.
Any other ways to wipe the OS?
Or any way to force BBSAK to connect the device?
03-26-2013 03:49 PM
If BBSAK is unable to connect , then you can try JL_Cmder http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-how-faq-f3/how-w
Or as a last Options try this Knowledge Base :
KB27956 : How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state
03-26-2013 06:51 PM
Ok, finally i was able to wipe the device and reload the OS.
But i had do something unusual.
1. Since the Loader erases the OS/Apps and then reloads it, as soon as it finished erasing the OS/Apps, I unplugged the phone and restarted it.
I was able to see the 507 message.
2. Then I moved to another PC which never had the BB Manager installed and connected the device to it and ran "Loader.exe /resettofactory".
3. This took a while and finally rebooted to the 507 screen again.
4. just to be sure, opened BBSAK and this time it connected to the device, and i did wipe once more. This returned very quickly.
5. Opened BB Manager and reloaded the 7.1 OS and it finished and rebooted completely now.
So much for updating BB Resource Application Monitor :-)
Thanks for all your help.
03-27-2013 01:54 AM
Well Done ... I am glad that you are able to recover your device ..Enjoy
12-08-2013 11:23 AM
hey im have the same problem so i followed your steps till step # an now my 9850 reach about 75% and goes to a white screeen an when i use apploader.exe it saying cannt connect to jmv help plz