Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9860
My Carrier: Claro Dominican Republic

Torch 9860 3G Connection Fail

[ Edited ]

Hello Guys,

I just bough the Torch 9860 and already replaced another one for the same problem, and since this second have the same problem, I think it is a general problem.

Well the thing is that while the phone is in 3G coverage, it sometimes goes to like a "blocked" state. By this, I mean that the phone states as connected to the network and with full signal, but call wouldn't go out nor in, data is also not available, and the most important thing is that the phone doesn't show any signs of disconnection nor anything problem alike. Up until now, I have only seen this happening while in 3G coverage, and when this problem occurs, I switch the phone to 2G only and starts working fine again.

Please help, I will go to my service provider again, but this seems to be a device problem.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9860 3G Connection Fail

I am having the exact same problem.  Full signal intermittent data and failed calls.  Re-connecting turning off antennas alleviates the problems then it returns.  Re-Installed various types of firmware even carrier current release.  Even with Wifi I was performing an Activation and it just got stuck at 50% so this Torch 9860 is complete garbage like every other Blackberry 7 Device I have been tortured with since upgrading from my reliable 9800

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: du

hello jzhang,

Have your BB9860...fixed???

I hav same problem but the distributor always do a reset, which still my unit fails connections.

Did you got a replace with your unit from store???

New Contributor

Well, i think i got my BB fixed...its normal for about 2 days already hehehehehe..just need a master reset..and os downgrade to default factory setting..ooooh my, i will missed o.s. 7.1, pls. rim fix this up... i want o.s 7.1...huhuhuhuhu Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2 - Germany

Hey Hi,

I am facing the same problem. I have tried everything from master reset, OS downgrade to several version. Nothing seems to solve the issue.

Did u find the fix? I have Torch 9860.. Please let me know if u know the fix.

Cheers!
New Contributor

Go to option, then Networks and connections, then mobile network, change the Network Mode to 3G only.

its works for me. Now i have upgraded my os to 7.1.0.342...and still work fine.

i dont have the problem of lossing a signal anymore. Smiley Happy 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: O2 - Germany

I contacted the service provider and raised a ticket with them. The problem was fixed in 2 days. They said there was some network issue in the serving base stations.