Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telenor
Accepted Solution

Torch 9860 All funcation keys not working

Dear All, i have my torch 9860 and facing serious issue that all track pad and  keys including menu key, escape keys, call keys, screen lock keys and volume keys are not working. However, its touch screen is working fine and you can write words using keypad. You can also scroll using track pad but when u push track pad to enter command, it also does not work. Kindly help on this issue.  i have also reinstalled OS 7.1 but not sucecess.

Please note that when push escape key to enter safe mode the handset run in safe mode. It measn if escape is faulty then how come device to to safe mode by pressing escape key.

Please help me in resolving this problem.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch 9860 All funcation keys not working

I recommend reloading your OS.  To do this, connect your phone to your PC via USB and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  The first thing you'll need to do is a data backup.  When your phone has been recognized, click Device at the top then click Backup.  Once the backup has completed, restore your phone by clicking Device then Restore.  Choose the most recent retore point and load it.  Because your 'back' button works to get your phone to Safe Mode, we know it's not a hardware issue so restoring your phone should resolve the issue.

Give it a shot and keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Telenor

Re: Torch 9860 All funcation keys not working

Thank Dear BillJ, I have now installed new OS and downgrade my version from 7.1 to 7.0 and now all functions keys working properly.

But now i have strange problem that my touch screen is not working smootly. if my mobile is in vertical layout, I have to press hard for alphabets above trackpad button i.e  T, Y, G, H, V, B and Numer Keys while dialing 0, 8, 5, 2. 

Your advise is warmly welcome.