Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Etisalat
Accepted Solution

Torch 9860 Restart unexpectedly

Hi all

I bought the same BB 9860. It's the biggest disappointment ever
that happened to me in my entire life !

When I got it before three weeks, it was working fine till the 3rd day of using it. After that, it started to crash and crash over and over with doing automatic restart. I took it to the warranty company which is Axiom in the UAE, well they format it and the same problem still there. Then I returned back to them, so they finally replaced it with NEW one with new PIN code, but guess what... The same problem happened AGAIN !! just by today, it crashed six times !! and yesterday it freeze up completely, so I had to pull out the battery.

Some of my friends told me that the memory card (4GB) might be
the problem, so I bought new one with 8 GB space but still suffering.

This is an evidence that the software itself is NOT WORKING as it should be.

What kind of mobile phone that will fail you down more than five times in a day ?!?!

It's expensive, It's new, I paid money for it, so why I can't get benefit of my spending ??

Please RIM, do something, or at least test the software or your phone before lunching it from the first place !

I really have no idea of what should I do, take it again to the warranty company? But they already gave me new one !! I mean what else can I do?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Torch 9860 Restart unexpectedly

can you explain exactly what you did after receiving your new device? Did you install an application, used the switch wizard, restored a backup or anything like that?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. When I received the first BB (BlackBerry), I didn't use any wizard. I just imported the contact from Microsoft Outlook 2010 address book to the phone for the contacts, also I imported the calendar data.

After I received the NEW BB, I imported the contacts ONLY. Because I thought the same that my previous data is corrupted or something wrong with them, but the restart occurred again.

Regarding the Applications, I just installed the "WhatsApp" directly from the AppWorld (Official BlackBerry Application website). So everything on the phone is new, the application is provided by AppWorld (compatibility 100%), so there is no mistake or miss-use behavior from my side. Am I right?

By the way, the phone restarted twice today, and 3 times yesterday.

Today's restart happened while I was taking photo (Camera), and the second one happened when the phone was in idle state, I was sitting and I just saw light coming from the screen when it was restarting (BB starting up screen).

Any ideas? suggestions? or new software for the phone?

Guru I

I suggest you wipe out all your device, including contacts & whatsapp, and see what happens. What you describe is not supposed to happen. Never.

and even if whatsapp is available on the official BlackBerry Appworld store, does not mean it works flawlessly on the 9860.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Thanks again for your suggestion. Regarding wiping all the data, I've tried this twice but without getting my data away. You are asking me to wipe the data and use the phone without contacts & whatsApp! Actually, I can't use the phone without my contacts, I have more than 120 contacts, how I'm supposed to call them, I can't memorize their numbers; furthermore, I bought the BB to use the whatsApp which is compatible according to BlackBerry App World, because if it's not compatible, then the App World won't install it on the device To support my idea, I tried to install the "BlackBerry Protect" but the App World said: "Unavailable for this device".

By the way, yesterday I was taking picture with my friends and an error message appeared saying: "File system error (6)". I Google it and found this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/File-system-error-6-HELP/m-p/1287811#M85647

I tried to remove the memory card and put it back, but still I'm not able to take picture anymore!

My NEW BB is crashing, before a week, it's restarting, now, the Camera application is gone, I'm afraid that after a month, I'll not be able to use anything on the phone, so I'll hold it as BLASTIC SAMPLE which basically do nothing. And I'm not the only one who is suffering as I guess, because the "File System error (6)" is not fixed yet (check out the link and see the people replies)

Please HELP!!

My Device: BB Torch 9860
My Carrier: Maxime Suing

Same problem for me, I've suspected that Blackberry Protect was the disturbing piece of my device, but even after wiping the system, removing teh battery, the memory card... the problem remains the same.

Could it be a hardware problem on Torch 9860 ?

Thanks.

Contributor

Hi All

FINALLY !!

The problem was fixed. Before three days, I was so angry so I decided to find out what causing the restart of my BB. I was trying to hit the phone from different sides, and finally I found the problem. When my BB get a small hit on the camera side, it just restart. That explain EVERYTHING. When I was talking, maybe I accidentally hit it, when I put it on table, when I was sitting in the coffee shop, someone might accidentally hit the table and that cause vibration. I got the problem on video, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA1E5f-xfHM

Then I took it to Axiom, and told them about it. They were shocked !

Finally, they replaced the battery, it was the battery from the beginning. Actually, when they gave me new phone before 3 weeks, they gave it to me with the old battery, which means that the first phone which I bought by myself has no problem at all. It was the battery from the beginning.

Thank you all for your help, and if someone have problem like mine, make sure to change the battery Smiley Happy

Guru I

Congratulations on not giving up ! You made it and finally dominated your battery.

My Device: 9860
My Carrier: 9000

BRO Man Mad BEFORE POSTING NEGATIVE BOUT SUCH A GREAT DEVICE SHOULD HAVE CONFIRMED ABOUT THE EXACT PROBLEM...CHEERSDONT YOU KNOW IM HURT

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9860
My Carrier: T-MOBILE

BlackBerry Torch 9860 restarts and loops restarts again and again cant get to load into phone mode!

WHAT DO I DO? I REALLY NEED HELP. I WENT TO GO UPDATE MY SOFTWARE TODAY AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED! I REALLY NEED MY PHONE NOW AND HAVE NO TIME TO GIVE IT TO REPAIR SEVICES! DOES ANY ONE KNOW A WAY TO FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?? THE 9860 TORCH IS THE WORST BLACKBERRY I HAVE GOTTEN EVER!

PLEASE MAIL ME