Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Globe

Torch 9860: not using wifi and also data plan

hello everyone. i have a problem with my blackberr torch 9860. my phone won't use my wifi connection even though i am perfectly connected with the broght white indication. It also seems to not use my data service plan too, because when i inserted a sim with a registered data plan already, the edge indicator should have become capitalized but it won't. i can't even use my facebook and twitter with it. even the app world is not usable, it keeps on saying "the data service is not operational' i tried using the hard reset and the factory reset but nothing seems to chenge.

please help me. i don't know what's hapening. is my phone really busted or something is just not set right? please help me immediately.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Torch 9860: not using wifi and also data plan

You just need to get your device registered on your mobile provider account.

Call your provider tech support.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Globe

are you sure about this? because i had a blackberry curve 8520 before and i didn;t nedd to cll my provider to activate my BBM, Facebook< appworld, etc. i just had to avail the promo and it was readily used already.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If you don't want to call your carrier, you can register your phone on the network yourself by following these steps:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB00510

One way or another, you should try registering your phone as suggested by JSanders.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Yep, definitely, if that KB article steps don't work... call your provider.

Don't fear, they can help you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code