Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch App Error 606 + Can't connect to desktop Manager

Welcome to the forums, oowefawe.

If you've looked around all the thread in this forum, you've noticed that it's a known issue that RIM is still working to fix.  You'd also know that there are a couple workarounds you can use until such time as it has been fixed:

1. Go to your service provider's web-based e-mail setup client, which in your case is telus.blackberry.com.

2. From your device's browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com. Select your country, then go to Communicate>Email. Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

3. Reference this article, where they suggest you download a different update to the e-mail setup wizard according to your service provider: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26055

Hopefully one of these two methods will get you back up and running with e-mail until there's a permanent solution.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks Boomer,  

Since I was searching for error information - I was not able to find the information you sent me. Had I found it, I would have just fixed it rather than post on the forum ;-)

I was not able to follow the instructions due to the replacement phone not being in the system, BUT there was a phone number and Telus was able to make the corrections remotely. Yippee! Gotta run, I have 2000 emails to sort through Smiley Very Happy

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Good deal!  Glad you're back in business.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

This worked PERFECTLY!  Thanks for saving me hours of frustration. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I found with the RIM Desktop manager software, it can sometimes hang (stop responding to) on the USB port driver software. 

The simplist fix is to exit the Desktop manager software, disconnect the phone from the USB port, and restart the computer. When the software exits while the driver is softare is hung, this driver for the phone will not unload with the program. If you can figure out exactly what group of files are running you could go in to the Administrator-Services for your computer and manually stop them. This would entail more time than simply re-seting the computer. 

After the computer has re-started, run the Desktop manager. After the Desktop manager has started up, connect back the phone. Wait until the phone has established its handshake with the software and computer. 

In the case if the re-start did not fix the problem, there are two other senerios that could have occured, but these are rare. The Desktop manager software became corrupt (damaged), and must be re-installed, or the phone software became damaged, or the phone's port is damaged, or the particular USB port on the computer is at fault. 

If you were installing a new firmware or OS update and the phone was accidently disconnected, or the process was disturbed during the install, the phone's internal system could be damaged. In this case the phone would have to be sent back for factory service. 

Most commonly, simply doing a re-start of the computer will fix this problem. 

Jerry G. 

Jerry G.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: airtel

did not help.  I just couldnt get into the safe mode.  the dialogue box you mentioned never appeared though there was one change when i kept my thumb on escape key during reboot.  something like caught exception error... java lang and then it goes back to error 606 - reset.

I guess the only way is what others have done - remove and reboot the OS