Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch App Error 606 + Can't connect to desktop Manager

Okay, good.

So you have the OS installed on your PC?  You can use BBSAK, but I'd load it through the Loader executable in the folder found here:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.  It'll be towards the top of the page, with the little phone icon next to it.

If the OS is NOT from your carrier, you'll need to delete the file at the bottom called "vendor.xml".

Double click on the Loader executable and it will go through and load your OS.

Once you've gotten things back to normal, I'd avoid using the onboard e-mail set up wizard and do all your e-mail manipulations through your carrier's internet based service.  Most carriers have this.  Who is your carrier?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

ok, i;ve now reinstalled the OS, and setting everything up right from the beginning Smiley Happy

my carrier is Vodafone UK!

so when u say 'through your carrier's internet based service' u mean the 'Messages' icon that appears by default on the desktop? Or not?

but going there to the default Messages icon and selecting Options>Email Account Management, I get redirected to the email wizard where it asks to download the version which cause my 606 error in the first place...Smiley Frustrated

Does this mean that i can't set up my email account anymore on the BB? I used to have 4 account set up here and it really sucks to think that i wont be able to manage all of them now.

Any suggestion?

Forums Veteran I

Great!  Good work!

No, you need to go here, which is Voda UK's Internet based e-mail account management service.  Should be the same user name and password as on your device.  Until they come up with a fix for what is happening with you and many others, this is the way to go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

My BB won't connect to ANYTHING. 

I tried the method of taking the battery out, connecting it to the PC, running BBSAK, and replacing the battery and it still will not connect. Do you have any suggestions? I'm amazingly frustrated right now.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Hey cbarnet,

I'm in the same boat. Got the error 606 message after updating my email, which it prompted me to do. Now the blackberry will not start up (stuck on loading), will not go into safe mode, and can not be detected by BBSAK, even after removing the battery and connecting.

Whats going on here? Hopefully there is a solution to this.

Thanks everyone,

Ben.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Singtel

one very important thing that everyone seems to forget..

it is stated in the BBSA webpage tho..

when your Desktop Manager is running, and BBSAK is also running,Desktop Manager will ALWAYS takes precedence..

so what to do?

connect your BB.. even tho it's in a semi-dead state with App Error 606, DM will still recognize.. but cannot connect..

let it be like that..

go to task manager..

kill the task..

and open BBSAK again

this time it should open normally.. and you can wipe your device..

i did the exact same thing 3-4 times..

i got my phone working again btw..

i borrowed a friend's windows pc..

but the problem is still there..

in Singapore the latest firmware build is still 448..

i cannot add emails.. every time i try to go to setup it will ask to update.. after update then it will always be stuck in App Error 606..

i tried this 3-4 times.. that's why i did the BBSAK wipe 3-4 times as well..

no update still from RIM..

sucks..

Forums Veteran I

Yes, follow adelwin's advice to get DM and/or BBASAK to recognize your device so you can get it wiped and reload the OS.

As for the e-mail issue, it has been escalated to RIM and they are working to resolve it.  In the meantime, here's a work-around to get your e-mail accounts loaded:

From your browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com.  Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email.  Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

You'll be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed the issue.

New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Okay great. Just got it to work, wiped the device and loaded the OS through desktop manager. Thanks a lot guys, I was getting a little frustrated!

Cheers,

Ben
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

Unfortunately it still isn't working for me. I don't know why my BB isn't being recognized. Smiley Sad

Forums Veteran I

cbarnett,

If you've tried everything in this thread to no avail, you might want to try this.