Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Torch Available on Verizon Network

Can ANYONE tell me when the Blackberry Torch 9800 willl be available on Verizon's network?

They will be losing a loyal customer to the iphone in February if they don't make the Torch available.

Fskywalker

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Torch Available on Verizon Network

No one here can tell you that, or that it will happen at all.

Sorry.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

When the Torch was released back in (September?) in the U.S., AT&T was granted two years of exclusivity.  If you're not with AT&T, you won't be with a Torch either for atleast another year and a half.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

So you think Verizon will get the Torch in a year and a half? Smiley Surprised

BillJ wrote:

If you're not with AT&T, you won't be with a Torch either for atleast another year and a half.  Smiley Sad

What about all those users I know on Tmobile using the Torch? Smiley Indifferent

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Elite II

At the time of its release in August 2010, it was only available on AT&T and there was talk of the company having exclusive rights to sell the phone for two years.  Obviously, things have changed since then.

I'll admit when I've made a mistake and it appears I was using outdated information.  Sorry if I misled anyone.  Smiley Sad

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Bill you might have misunderstood me... ATT stil does have exclusive rights in the US for the Torch, but it is able to work on Tmobile... not Verizon, of course.

Knowledge Base Updates
Elite II

Gotcha!

Hear that, everyone?  AT&T, yes.  T-Mobile, yes.  Verizon, no.

Now we know.  Smiley Happy

My Device: Storm2 9550

I am a little confused, so all three version, the 9810, 9860 & 9850 will only be available on AT&T.  That seems rather absurd seeing as how Blackberry is losing so much ground in the cell phone market space.  If that really is the case who every decide to brand all three models as Torch(s) really dropped the ball at Blackberry!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

all carriers who sold the 9800 will sell the 9810 (you can think of it as the "Torch 2").

AT&T has also decided to release the new Torch 9860 (you can think of it as the Storm3) in a few weeks, and the new Bold 9900 later this year.

The Torch 9850 in the other hand is a CDMA device (same as 9860, but CDMA). It can be seen as the successor of the 9550.
Verizon has not made any announcement yet.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Blackberry storm
My Carrier: verizon

Yep verizon is getteng the blackberry torch the all touch screen in sugust 8th and it will hit the stores in the 15th <3