Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

Torch Battery Dead with Red X

Hello,

I plugged my Torch in overnight to charge. When I woke up in the morning, the phone would not turn on so I took the battery out a few times and tried to reset it. When I plugged it into the charger and tried to turn it on, I got the battery symbol with a red X through it. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?? Thank you! 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 OS Leaked 10.2.0.1725 | STL100-2
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

Re: Torch Battery Dead with Red X

lptorch wrote:

Hello,

I plugged my Torch in overnight to charge. When I woke up in the morning, the phone would not turn on so I took the battery out a few times and tried to reset it. When I plugged it into the charger and tried to turn it on, I got the battery symbol with a red X through it. 

Does anyone know how to fix this?? Thank you! 

Hi lptorch,

Leave your BlackBerry charging about 2-3 hours until it boots up.

Good luck!

Thanks!

Please thank those who help you by clicking the button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

I will try it. It was plugged into the charger for about 8 hours and still nothing. 

Thank you! 

Forums Advisor III

Try this:

1. Remove the battery from the BlackBerry and connect it to your computer with the Sync cable that came bundled with the device.

2. Find the OS loader. This file is located in the Research in Motion system files which are located in the "Programs" directory on your hard drive. Double click on the loader icon. A new window will pop up.

3. Connect your BlackBerry to the computer using the bundled sync cable. Plug the small end into the data port, and the large end into one of the computer USB ports.

4. Press the "Next" button in the application window and then replace the battery for your BlackBerry.

5. Press "Next" again. The OS will begin installing. The process can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours depending on the computer processor and the version of the OS you are installing.

Good luck!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"

Forums Advisor III

1. Plug your charger into your BlackBerry and then into a power source (wall socket or car-charging socket, depending on your type of charger). If the screen does not immediately default to the full display clock or if the battery icon at the top left of your screen does not show the charging emblem, then the problem is with your charger. The connectors at the ends of the chargers will become loose after a period of use, and you may have to replace them. If your BlackBerry is charging just fine, proceed with the next step.
2. Unplug the charger from your phone.
3. Look at the battery icon at the upper left corner of your screen. If you see a red line across the icon, then the BlackBerry has detected that there is something wrong with the battery and you need to replace it. If there is no red line across the icon, proceed to the next step.
4. Time the charge. With the battery icon showing that you have a full charge, keep track of the time your battery lasts. If you are getting less then three hours of talk time, your battery is not working properly. If you are getting less than six hours of standby, again, your battery is not working. If you unplug the phone from the charger and it immediately turns off, your battery is completely dead and needs to be replaced.

Good luck!

Thank you! 

I tried it and it still gave me the battery symbol with the red X. I'm going to continue to search online for some troubleshooting ideas but I think the phone is toast Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

Try leaving your BlackBerry charging whole day. And every hour remove the battery and insert again.

Thanks!

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Personal

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry torch 9860
My Carrier: tmobile

This happened to my torch 9860. I took it into the store & its a phone fault !! So get it replaced free of charge Smiley Happy it takes under two weeks. X