Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Torch Browser not working

Ever since yesterday evening my Torch browser has just refused to work. I've tried rebooting it, taking out the battery, disconnecting and reconnecting to the 3G service and the Wifi! It doesn't even work when I'm on my home Wifi and all the other devices connected to it works fine. I keep on getting an error saying: "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider, everything else such as BBM, Twitter, Facebook and all internet applications work fine. I'd really appreciate some help please.

Thanks,

Rhian

New Contributor

Re: Torch Browser not working

Same problem on by bb 9800 since yesterday.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I think the BIS is down, as I am not getting or able to send any messages on my Bold 9650, yet I do get them on my pc. Is anyone out there from Blackberry checking into these forums who can let us know what is going on?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Occasionally BIS is down. You should be able to connect to the internet using Wi-Fi.
1. Touch the top right corner of your screen where it says 3G
2. Under Management Connection disconnect Mobile Network and connect Wi-Fi. You will see "off" instead of 3G and a display of your Wi-Fi connection. You should be able to connect to the internet.
By the way, this is a great option to use in lowering your data usage. You can even watch YouTube without using your data plan.
"Have a berry happy day"
Contributor

My WiFi was on and active, but no messages.

I called Verizon support who advised that today 1/29/11 at 7:40am there was a work ticket entered to make several updates to Blackberry Internet Service, and that this shut down BIS nationwide until the updates were installed. There was no estimated completion time but would take several hours.

Contributor

BTW BoTexas, I forgot to say thanks for the suggestion. I do use WiFi and yes it is not only a great way to save mobile usage but also allows for faster downloads and communications.

New Contributor

It must be international because here in France isn't working either!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9530

Would be nice if BB or Verizon would let customers know ahead of time of "planned' updates, causing an outage!  RIM is having enough problems as it is - this isnt helping to endear me to stick with BB!!!!

My Browser working but no email comoing through since 3am....I'm with ATT...I have  2 Torch and neither one working...Wish they would put out a notice if thisis a planned shut down

New Contributor
My Device: BB Storm 9530

BB Internet Service Connection is up.  It's the BB enterprise server Connection which is down - thru which email is delivered.