Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch Died And I Need Info Off Of Phone

Hey! My Torch bit the dust. I have no screen or button function. I have insurance but the **bleep** deductible is $200. I'm using an old Samsung for now until I decide which direction I'm going phone and carrier wise. I always back up my phone on my desk top. Is it possible to see the information I backed up without theTorch working? Can I do it online and how? thank you so much!

Steve

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Torch Died And I Need Info Off Of Phone

Hello,

First -- well done...all too many people do not treat their BB as a computing device, which all require proper backup routines.

The backup file on your computer is of a proprietary format, intended solely for use as the source of restore to another BB. But, there are 3rd party PC apps that can parse it and present the data in human readable format, including the ability to perhaps create a CSV file, which you could then use in other apps. A few minutes of searching your favorite engine (try searching on "BBB reader" or "IPD reader", depending on the version of the Desktop Software you used to create the backup files) and I'm sure you will find something useful...and free.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

That's great news! Thank you sooooo much and I'll report back after I get everything done and let you know how it went. You are awesome!

Steve

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

Steve: if you still need help, please send me a private message. I think I can help you. Mike