Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Torch Freezes during mail

I have a torch 9800, with the carrier Rogers Wireless here in Montreal, Canada.

Its the 2 time in the week that torch stuck while sending the mail. I noticed whenever the mobile battery is low almost 40% it starts doing these kind things. 

It opens the mail, And allows to write as a reply or forward but when you press send...It does nothing..Neither save the message nor anything. Then we press the end (red button on panel) And go to home screen And return back to the e-mail, but still its stuck there....

Then I restart the torch And its working fine. Can anyone tell me why this is happening? And how can I fix this issue. I cannot re-type the whole mail again, as its freaking hell of a business.

Any suggestions?

Mr. B
Super Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone Qatar

Re: Torch Freezes during mail

Try Wiping your device, if that didn't fix it (Wiping will delete all your data including contacts, so you may take a backup 1st using BB Desktop Manager)

Try Reloading the OS using BB Desktop Manager if also failed ask your Carrier for Replacment or Fix
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch Freezes during mail

I was getting freezes once a day. Now no more!. Here was the problem. Transferring settings and applications from a Bold 9700 to the Torch 9800 with the DM Device Wizard. Some of the applications were incompatible. I wiped the Torch and then did a fresh install of the OS. I then installed all applications from scratch. The Torch is now rock solid stable.