Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 4G
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch Locks while in call

Recently updated BlackberryTorch 45 to 7.0 Bundle 2404.  Ever since, whenever I make a call, the screen locks.  I can't browse while on a call, and I can't even activate speaker phone or dial an extension after the initial number.  The only thing I can do is hang-up.  Once I hang up, everything returns to normal.  Is there a new security setting I am missing, or is this some new undocumented extra feature?

Thanks

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch Locks while in call

Did you install an app that locks your screen while in a call?  Perhaps you installed it and forgot about it or perhaps a buddy of yours got ahold of your phone and did so for you.  One popular one is called ScreenLock, so how about doing a quick search in your Applications list to see if that's the problem.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

No third party security.  Just started doing it when I plugged it into my blackberry desktop manager to back up, and it notified me of an update too.  After that update, I now can't use any key on the device until I hang-up.  Kind of defeats the purpose.  

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Have you done a battery pull? With your phone powered on, remove your battery then replace it.

I hope that helps you. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Tried that, tried powering on while plugged in, tried all of the tricks.  Do you suggest contacting my carrier for support or RIM?