Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Torch No Synchs with Outlook

Hi Pirate,

The clean uninstall worked like a dream - after I had overcome my nerves over deleting registry stuff. I suggest that the last step before re-installing the Blackberry software should be "Search the Registry for 'Research in Motion' delete all files that are highlighted." This will save a lot of time if the the reinstall fails.

Peter

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Hello Peter,

Glad to hear you got it working

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with Smiley Happy

Cheers!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Well for me the clean reinstall also solves the problem (checkmarkds disappearing and apps not staying selected for synch) but created another one: Outlook no more appears in config choices (oncly options now are ASCII and Yahoo???)

Am using BB Torch, DM 6.0, Outlook 2000 and XP SP3. Am truly tired and frustrated and thinking about taking the phone back.

Any suggestion anyone....please.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

The only difference between your situation and mine seems to be the version of Outlook that you are using. I upgraded to Outlook 2010 and everything woks as intended. Sorry I can't offer a better solution than spending more cash to upgrade!

Peter

Contributor

That's what I'm afraid of...and why not a new computer while I'm at it Smiley Surprised Way to go BB, helping the economy grow.

Contributor

After trying any and all other solutions listed or hinted at in all the boards and communities I tried one last one: uninstalled DM6.0 and installed 5.0SP1...same problem.

My hypothesis is that during a so-called "clean uninstall" (the drastic version in the additional notes of KB02206 where it tells you  to use Find on MyComputer in the Registry and delete ALL Research and motion keys) something critical was removed.

My synch config options now only have ASCII and Yahoo! Gone Outlook, Lotus, and all the rest. Can someone provide me with what's missinng?

Contributor

I have now found this folder:

Documents & Settings/<user>/Application Data/Blackberry Desktop/

in which there are two folders: Yahoo Connector (with a .rca file) and Novell Groupwise Connector(empty)

As the only config option thats shows up in my synch config window is Yahoo, this must not be a coincidence!

Would an Outlook folder (and files) be missing here? and how do I get it? Can someone send me a copy???

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

bernardb wrote:

I have now found this folder:

Documents & Settings/<user>/Application Data/Blackberry Desktop/

in which there are two folders: Yahoo Connector (with a .rca file) and Novell Groupwise Connector(empty)

As the only config option thats shows up in my synch config window is Yahoo, this must not be a coincidence!

Would an Outlook folder (and files) be missing here? and how do I get it? Can someone send me a copy???

Hello bernardb,

Have a look at this article, KB02362, which addresses Outlook not appearing as an available option when configuring sync settings

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Thanks Pirate. When I finally got to a Level2 at my Service Provider he did point me to this.

In fact it was part of the problem as I was using Outlook 2000.

After upgrading to 2003 (I just cannot stand Office 2007;  the menu bars drive me nuts), I was able to properly config; but Outlook still did not appear as a config choice!!!

They finally transferred me to BB support where I went through their Level1 to no avail and finally their Level2. After a couple of desinstall/reinstall, backing up and deleting all data from the device, and trampsing around testing things I dont even remember we finally got DM v6 working properly (5hrs later!).

Was very impressed with this Level2. Altough at times he seemed baffled by my problem (even said it was the first time he had seen it!). But he did the greatest thing: he reassured me and said he would not leave me until it was resolved (had quite a calming effect on me after 7 days of growing frustration with this :-)