Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

Torch Screen Lock

I find the screen lock on top of the phone too sensitive.  When the phone is in your pocket it easily activates the screen and with the screen itself being so sensitive, I've made a number of calls without knowing.  Does anyone know how to lock the screen securely or is their a holster out there that automatically locks the screen when the phne is inserted?

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Re: Torch Screen Lock

There Are a couple of pouches that will put it into standby. There are also several apps that will lock phone using oem lock button on top. I use "pattern lock ; " you can find it with "crackberry apps', or mobihand.com. Tried berryslider, and swipelock but they locked screen at potrait view. Pattern lock also gives you ability a set simple security lock pattern.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

I have same issue but solved it

1) go to option 2) go to security 3) go to password 4) chose your password and check enable. If you accidentaly press the top lock button the phone will require you to unlock it. Save my battery life too. Hope this help

Contributor
My Carrier: att

Problem with a password is forgetting it. Three tries and phone could get wiped out. With 3rd party you can battery pull if u lose password or set unlimited tries.
Contributor
My Device: Bold & 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

I like this solution as i am using the same too.

Contributor
My Device: Bold & 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

i don't think you will forget your password cause you will be using the same 10-15 times a day, anyways in that case you can use the easy password like 1111 or last four of your SS or DOB .
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

Exactly! we are trying to solve an issue, not to make it a complicated. How can you forget your password if you use your name as password?

Contributor
My Carrier: Maxis

I use the same solution.

1) put up the password - very helpfull, i doubt u forgot your password. You can put how many try on the setting from 1 to 10 attempt. If you mistakenly put the password few time, the system will ask you to key in "blackberry" this to ensure your keyboard is working properly.

2) I'm using the holster which automatically will put your phone on lock when your devide in it, and will unlock when you pull it out.

Both work fine with me.

New Contributor
My Carrier: O2

I agree this drives me mad too

I solved this by using a free app called PatternLock which requireds you to trace a pattern on the screen before it unlocks

New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

I thought that would be a great solution too but.... when it is locked and the tracker is touched, a menu comes up that gives you the choice of Unlock, Cancel or Emergency. If emergency is pressed it goes to a screen and all that need to be done is the green call button pressed and you will dial 911. I had police at my door last night.....my phone was in my pocket!! Can the emergency feature be turned off without restricting the call completely?