Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Developer
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Indosat

Torch Slider Issue?

I've just bought new torch about a week ago and have used it until this time. Recently I kind of feel that the slider is getting loosen. I can feel it when I press bb menu when the slider is open, and when the slider is open, the screen seems loosen so it has more space to go left or right if we use our finger to push the top of the screen to the left or right. I've just felt it in this several day. Is there anybody facing the same situation as I am, Is it a problem?

Best regards,

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch Slider Issue?

Hey Andy,

Yes, this seems to be an inherent problem with the Torch.....the loose slider.  I went through 4 devices myself for various issues and noticed a couple times that the slider was loose.

I know this doesn't "fix" the issue, but you should consider putting a case on the device.  I currently have the Seidio Innocase Active Case/Holster combo.  The case itself seems to really solidify the slider mechanism.  I've also heard really great things about the GRT Case from AGF

Since you've only had the phone a week, I'd see about exchanging it for a new one, but you'll definitely want to check into one of those cases, not just for the slider issue, but to protect your new baby!  Smiley Happy

*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."