Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Torch Slider problem

I have been a Blackberry user for almost 2 years now and a great admirer of the service and the instruments.But to my dismay I purchased the latest Torch in Dec 2010, got it replaced in Feb due to a faulty slider, again to my disappointment the slider has got loose. I expect blackberry products to be world class, and for some one like me whose dependent on blackberry services, cant bear the pain of waiting for an exchange or repair.

I expect RIM to provide a solution to this, I dnt want a replacement every time as it takes a week for the new instrument. If replacement is the only solution then i would like to have a product which doesnt gives the same problem again n again

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch Slider problem

Hello Dharmg and welcome to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with the Torch slider.  I know this isn't what you want to hear at this point in time, but unfortunately your issue is not uncommon and seems to be an inherent problem with this device.  While I didn't have problems with the slider mechanism, I, too experienced an issue which caused me to have to replace my device several times.

In your case, however, I believe there is a solution that could work for you, and that is to put a case on your device.  Not only will this help protect the case itself, but it should also alleviate your issue with the loose slider.

I would recommend one of two cases, the first of which I own myself and definitely does keep things nice and tight.  The first is the Seidio Innocase Active.  This is the case I have and it provides great protection and keeps things snug and safe.  The other case I have heard great things about and will most likely end up purchasing as well.  It is the GRT Case from AGF, which if you read about it, it describes protecting your slider mechanism from wear over time.

I think either of these cases will suit you quite nicely and should preclude you from having to go through the hassle of exchanging your device again.

Hope this helps!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."