Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: at &t

Torch Wont Charge.

I noticed today that my Torch 9800 wont charge. When I plug it in, the charging symbol in the battery life indicator does not show. My phone just shut-off completely. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

Re: Torch Wont Charge.

With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this. 

See if this works.

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
My Device: Blackberry 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

I have the same issue with my torch. I tried the suggestions made above. However it made no difference.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

try a different battery and charger, also see if phone charges when plugged into computer usb port, if none of those allow charge the phone needs warranty replacement or repair

Super Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 .246/.448/.526/.666/.706

OK, try this:

From J. Sanders:

"first remove the battery from the device for a minute, and put it back in.
Leave the device to charge 2-3 hours, and then, still connected to the USB cable, remove the the battery from the device a few seconds and reinsert it. If it boots--leave it to charge to 100% (check Options > Status for the percentage). If it doesn't reboot on the first attempt, leave it several more hours. I've had one charge for two days before it came back to life after an extreme battery depletion. Every 3-4 hours, with the device still connected to the charger, you can remove and replace the battery to see if it reboots."

Follow BBOSGhostryder on Twitter
Don't forget to click on the Like button if you like the answer to your post and/or click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.
Live your life in such away that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, satan shudders & says..."Oh **** he's awake".
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: 2063542741

I am having this issue repeatedly as well. Pulling out the battery and re-booting will fix it temporally but it is continuing to happen on later charges. Is there a permanent fix, will replacing the handset fix it (bad batch) or will all have this issue?