Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch favorites panel acting up

I have a torch 9810 on att. The favorites panel is randomly replacing the icons with duplicates, ex. I now have a second browser icon where my calculator icon used to be. If i delete the extra icon, in this case the calc-turned-browser,  i have to go to the calculator icon in the "all" panel, unmark it as favorite, then re-mark it as favorite to return it to the favorites panel.  This has been a recurring problem over the past month or so, and has occurred with numerous icons, which hqve included apps, websites, and email addresses. 

I have tried both soft and hard (battery remove) restarts. As far as i know, i have the most recent software.

Any thoughts?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch favorites panel acting up

If you have the most recent software (or even if your software is years old), let's reload it to your phone.  It's amazing how reloading even the exact same OS to your phone can sometimes smooth things out.

So, plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software (available at www.blackberry.com/desktop if you don't have it already installed on your PC).  Once your phone has connected, click Device at the top of the software then Update.  You can also click Device>Restore but clicking Update will allow you to see if there's a newer version of OS that you might want to load instead.  Once the box pops up, you'll either be told you're up to date or you'll be told there's a newer version available.  Choose the newer one if one's available or click View Other Versions.  From that box, choose the one that says Currently Installed and reload it to your phone.

Let us know if that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

unfortunately, after following your advice, the problem seems to remain. However, I am open to any other suggestions you may have.

Elite II

Are you using the factory theme or have you installed a third-party theme?

We await your reply. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Good question;I do use the original factory theme, all I have changed is the backround image
Elite II

At this point, I have two suggestions left:

1 - Wait for a reply from someone else (I'm stumped), or

2 - Ask your carrier.

Either way, I hope you let us know if you find a solution. Smiley Happy