Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackbeery Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch freezes

Why does the Torch constantly freeze. I did not have this problem initially, swapped out for a new phone and since it still happens, I realize that this must be an OS issue, yet I have not seen any updates.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Torch freezes

If you remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it, you'll free up some memory and allow you phone to run smoothly again.

Give it a try and get back to us with your results.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackbeery Torch 9800

battery pull and or reboot does not fix the issue, but thank you for the suggestion as I do try this to see if it does work when the freeze happens.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

As a general rule, the Torch is a really good phone so don't think that this is common.  Another thing you can try is reloading your OS.  Do you know how to do that with BlackBerry Desktop Software?

Let us know if you need help with it.  It's really quite easy to do.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: att

What is causing the freezing timer?  This happens a lot.  Removing the battery stops it, but it's an impractical solution given the amount of time and delay involved. 

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

More times than not, this is caused by an application that is running in the background that was not shut down properly.

Go to the Options icon on your your home screen, then Device>Application Management.  Scroll over to the CPU screen to see if there are any apps using excessive CPU.

And of course, when you're not using an app, delete it or make sure it's shut down properly with an Exit or Close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."