Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT & T

Torch has been scrubbing for almost 72hrs

Today, around 9:00 am, my Torch will have been scrubbing/wiping for 72 hours.  I backed my phone up to my desktop (using the latest version...I think it is 6.0) and immdediately after...it starts wiping/scrubbing.  I kept it plugged into the wall so I wouldn't deplete my battery during the process.  Hence, this has been an uninterrupted process...no restarts, etc.  I do have content protection enabled if that helps at all.  I did not input the wrong password or anything to induce this event.  Being a technically challenged individual and all...I am fairly impressed that I was able to do this whole "forum" thing for help. In all seriousness, I am using my BB Bold after buying a new SIM card because I didn't want to take the battery out of my Torch, thus restarting the whole process.  Oh yeah, this morning I was actually watching when the screen went black and shut off with the LED red...so I get my hopes up that it is done...it restarts to the black blackberry screen and processing bar....then goes straight back to white screen and starts scrubbing/wiping again.  Will it ever end? Should I keep on keeping on?  Patience is not my virtue. 

Solutions: 6,362
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Torch has been scrubbing for almost 72hrs

No, it shouldn't be doing this.

Eventually you'll want to remove the battery again, leave it out for five minutes and then attempt a reboot.

If still problems, try this first:

See the link below, for the download and simple installation instructions.

First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code