Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

Torch is stuck rebooting over and over!

What can I do? Was downloading BB Music and now Telus is telling me to buy a new phone.Smiley Mad It's not like I broke it.  Anyway of wiping it or getting it to stop rebooting 3/4 of the way and starting over?  Thanks for any help!

New Contributor

Re: Torch is stuck rebooting over and over!

I am using the latest BB Software and Desktop software available.
New Contributor

Tried pulling the battery and then putting it back in _ same thing happens. Tried to connect to Desktop and it see's it as it boots and then loses it within 2 seconds as the phone starts to reboot again. Took it into the Telus Store and WOW they seem to know less than I do about the phone.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you able to restart your device in safe mode as shown in KB17877?

I assume, since it's caught in a reboot cycle, when you connect to the Desktop Software it doesn't take a stable connection to reinstall your software?

If that is case, remove your battery and keep it out when you connect to the Desktop Software. You will get a pop up that the device can't connect and there should be Retry, Update and Cancel buttons. Select Update and you will then be able to reinstall the current device software version.

When the load is progressing, you will see a step that says "Wait for device initialization". At this point, insert the battery and the reload should complete.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

My Torch is doing the same thing today! I was installing an Xfinity App and it has been stuck re-booting since 8:30 am! AT&T also said I may need a new phone! They are sending me a replacement battery to see if that helps(?). They also aid there was another thing to try but I'd loose everything on the phone.
I'm so not happy, I'm gonna try this. I hope it works!!
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I fixed mine!! Thanks for the help!!

New Contributor

That worked like a charm!  I was then able to restore all info from a previous backup.   Thanks a ton!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to have helped out

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V