Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Digicel

Torch only charges with car charger

I recently had an issue with the charging port on my blackberry, and had to have it changed.

About two weeks later, I am getting the "the charging source...cannot charge your blackberry" message when I plug in my wall charger. I suspect there is a problem with the charger itself, because chargers for other devices would charge the phone (initially). Whenever I plug the device into the car charger, it charges immediately with no problems and no delay. If I try to use another charger, sometimes I get an error message, and have to do a battery pull, and plug the charger out several times before it works.

I'll have to take it back to the place I got the charging port changed soon, but I am a little confused. Why will it charge with the car charger, but with no other wall charger?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Torch only charges with car charger

Hey kitty411,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

Its hard to determine the cause without access to the chargers and the BlackBerry smartphone,  I would suggest suggest contacting your point of sale for repair options.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!