Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: At&T

Torch will not fully load?

I have tried a soft reboot and a hard reboot, but phone will not comlpetely load. After about 10-15 minutes says APP Error 200. Any suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Torch will not fully load?

[ Edited ]

You're going to need to reload your device software.

Have you tried connecting to the PC to see if Desktop Manager will recognize it?

I'd suggest installing an app called BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) and use that to completely wip your device.  You can get it here.

Once the device is wiped, disconnect it from the PC/laptop.  It will show a 507 error on the screen, which mean's there's no OS on the device.

Next you'll want to download and install the latest device operating system from your carrier's website.  There's also an official OS release of 6.0.0.337, which you can get here.

Once that's downloaded and installed on your PC, reconnect your device via the USB and launch BBSAK again, this time choosing the Load OS option.  Then just follow the prompts until the software is successfully loaded.

Post back if you hve further questions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

The same thing is happening to me. It will load all the way until the end. and then it goes to a white screen that says App Error 200 and it says Reset right below it.. How do i get it from stop doing that??? HELP ME.. Would be very appreciated!

Forums Veteran I

Following my instructions above should get you back on track, cheerleader7.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch
My Carrier: at&t

what happens if you can't get the PC to recognize the phone?  My torch has been nothing but problems lately

Forums Veteran I

nikon7734 wrote:

what happens if you can't get the PC to recognize the phone?  My torch has been nothing but problems lately

These instructions have proven useful in cases such as yours, nikon.  Sometimes it just takes a lot of patience to revive a BlackBerry device.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

i can't get past step two.  when i load the app loader is just stays on the screen waiting for it to find the device.  grrrr.  this phone is driving me nuts.

Forums Veteran I

nikon7734 wrote:

i can't get past step two.  when i load the app loader is just stays on the screen waiting for it to find the device.  grrrr.  this phone is driving me nuts.

Patience grasshopper!  Smiley Happy  They say that's the trickiest part of the process, so it may take several tries to get it right.

Highlighted
Contributor

ugh still can't get the dang thing to attach

Forums Veteran I

nikon, have you tried using BBSAK?