Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch.
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch will not turn on.

Ok, thanks for reading this and I appreciate any suggestion to help me with this issue. My torch over the past month has been powering down on its own and basically turning into a brick for a random period of time. What usually happens is I shake it and it will come back on. Sometimes it will start to turn on and then power down almost immediately. Other times it will come back on and stay working for a few days. It has been this way up until an hour ago when once again it was just sitting on my desk and I picked it up to use it and it was back in brick mode. I have pulled that battery too many times to count, reinstalled the operating system during one of the periods it was working. Does anyone have any idea/suggestions as to what I should do with this?

Thanks,

Brendan

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Torch will not turn on.

Hello winston1236,

Try to go through the following clean application load process:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

*** Also make sure you test before restoring any backup.

If it still fails to resolve the issue you will need to contact your point of sale for options.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks,

I ended up taking it by AT&T as it was still within the standard one year warranty and they sent me over to a warranty center and they gave me a new one within 15 minutes.

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

This has just happened to me - I was talking on the phone, heard the 'low battery' beep, and plugged in the phone while I was talking.

The phone crashed instantly and will not turn back on.

I removed the battery; when I replaced it again I did see the Blackberry screen with the status bar, but only for second before the unit crashed again.

It will not turn on now, or show a status screen when I remove/replace the battery. The red status light illuminates for several seconds, but then goes dark and that's it.

Should I just go to my local AT&T?

New Contributor

I fought with mine for around a month until someone on Crackberry.com advised me that it was still under warranty and I got mine almost the day it came out so I know yours must be as well. My advice, dont fight with it! Just take it straight to AT&T and let them see it. They will check a water sensor to make sure you haven't got it wet and most likely (if it isnt the battery) tell you to either go to their warranty center (if you live near one, I am in a major city so there was one near by) or instruct you where to mail it and they will send you a new one.

(Make sure you remove your memory before mailing they wont be giving you a new card.)

Hope this helps 

New Contributor
My Device: Torch

thank you!