Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Torch won't turn on after battery pull

If I pull the battery , It won't turn back on.  I have to pull the battery twice or thrice to be able to get it to turn back on.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Torch won't turn on after battery pull

Do you have a blinking red LED indicator? If you plug your BlackBerry into the charger with the battery in does this make a difference?

Cheers,

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

nope theres no light , no sign of life. So I just don't pull the battery.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

That's intersting for sure. If you look at the connectors on the back of the device where you battery connects do you see any debris or are they loose? Also is there any debris on the connectors for the battery?

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

remove battery, SIM, SD card and plug in only the power cable, does a RED led show up. If yes then put in battery for 1 hour after LED light up and see if it will boot after with a battery pulll

If that does not work it might be time for warranty claim

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V