10-27-2012 12:25 AM
Hi Folks I believe my phone is screwed not sure, earlier in the day I was out in the Hurricane weather and got some waves splashed on me resulting in my phone getting some water on it. When I reached home some 10 minutes later it was still powered on but nothing happened. I pulled the battery and found the phone was wet dried it as best as I could replaced battery after about 30 minutes and phone at start up appears to be looping. Do I need a new phone?
10-27-2012 05:39 AM - edited 10-27-2012 05:43 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Take the battery, media card and SIM cards out of the device.
Gently shake out any water you can. Do not use a hairdryer or oven.
Buy a good size box of uncooked Uncle Ben's rice, Open the box and place the device in the rice.
Take the box of rice with the device inside and find a warn dry area to place it on.
I use the shelf;f behind the behind the cable box and my receiver works perfect.
Now the hardest part leave it alone for a couple days to get as much moisture out of the device.
as possible. I've saved two devises using the rice and know at least 10 other users that sear by the rice.
Let us know how it goes! (in about three days)
Uncle Ben backs the Blackberry too!