Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Touble syncing old emails

Hi,

I've just had my handset replaced with a new one, with updated software etc...I immediately set up both my email addresses and as of last night they were working fine, the old messages had been downloaded and I could send receive form both addresses. This morning I connected my phone to my PC to restore it in order ot get my contacts etc back onto the phone. This was obviously a mistake because it restored the phone to an older operating system and deleted my nicely set up emails. I then manually updated the software using Blackberry Desktop and re-set up the 2 email addresses. They are both working but are refusing to download old messages. The gmail account has downloaded a couple of very very old messages but nothing else. I'm a private user (i.e. not through a business) and I don't understand why **bleep** all worked last night and now its not. Can anyone help?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Touble syncing old emails

Hi  kspetsiou,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

By design, when you add an email account to your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone, only the new email messages sent to that account after it was added will be delivered to your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone. Are you able to receive new messages on the BlackBerry® Bold™ smartphone? Can you please provide more information on how the email was setup?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!