Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

Touchpad not working / sluggish keys

I am having trouble with my bob curve 9360' s touchpad not responding. It has blackberry so 7.1 and is only 4 months old. Today I found that when I got home from school the toucan was not working and the f key did not work at all, and some of the other keys felt sluggish and needed harder pressing. I have tried many pop reboots and even restored it using the blackberry desktop software but to no avail. I'm wondering if it came in contract with moisture as that seems like a likely cause, in which case I plan to put it in rice. Any other suggestions?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Touchpad not working / sluggish keys

Hello,

How many separate threads do you intend to create here?

The more threads you create, the more difficult it becomes for the kind volunteers here to help you. I do wish you had mentioned your moisture suspicions in that other thread. You see, if you even suspect moisture intrusion, then time is of the essence. The longer you wait, the more irreparable damage can be caused. Therefore,

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Touchpad not working / sluggish keys

I apologize for posting more than once but as the evening has progressed my understanding of the situation has changed, therefore I have attempted to give you generous volounteers the most accurate information, and I appreciate your response being so soon. I did not intend for it to become more difficult for you, and I really do appreciate you bearing with me as I am a relatively new blackberry owner. The phone is currently in rice and I guess I will just have to wait and hope for the best. Thanks again