10-17-2010 02:52 PM
this is my 2nd Torch my first Torch touchscreen stoppeed working and ATT sent me another..
now this Torch touchscreen stopped working, so far I did a reboot hard and soft..
now I may do a factory reset or downgrade..
Im beginning to think Torch is junk..
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-17-2010 05:48 PM
the Torch is the best RIM device I've seen till now its still technically new so not all glitches are fixed.
if you don't want to support this device then feel free to change it!!!
or better yet ask god next time you see him maybe he has bigger plans for your touchscreen...
DON'T DIS THE TORCH
10-17-2010 06:54 PM
well, its good when it works.. but understand my p.o.v. I got my first Torch 3 months ago.. Had nothing but issues until the touchscreen finally stopped working, basically bricked..
then ATT sends me out another phone and samething?
now I will have to ship this back.. and wait and proll get another refub and the samething will happen down the road.
understand some ppl rely on their phones to run their business and if the phone is constantly bricking and u have to keep sending back and waiting to get another phone, ur business is affected..
10-18-2010 12:01 AM - edited 10-18-2010 12:03 AM
I don't know what too say but I seen so many complains about the phone on this forum but all the complains is almost from the same person/user My BBT 9800 is running good and it doesn't have any problems no freezes no glitches no problems "maybe IM lucky or I buid the good phone from the others".
The only thing I would like to know is why I can't setup my email that's the only thing I can't see the email setup icon.
Black Berry Torch 9800 is the best phone BB/RIM Made so far.
10-18-2010 05:05 AM
@Ultrimate - i understand your situation, but if you rely so heavily on your device for your business, and choose to use a brand new device, then you also take on board teething problems. Its a universal fact.
10-18-2010 08:48 AM
thats rubbish, I been buying new phones for over 20 years, never had this problem.. NEVER had any problem, my brother has too, he never had any problems neither, runs Android and it works great..
Companies shouldnt release phones that have unreliable OS..
10-18-2010 01:04 PM
If it's any consolation I feel your pain as well. I have had to exchange my first Torch as the trackpad would not track and this phone seems to radomly lose calibration of the touchscreen. I am not sure if that is how your problem started as well but doing a reset seems to fix it for me, for now. I am not too happy about it however. I just hope that it is a software and not a hardware problem.
Let me know if this is how your toucscreen failure started as well. I am hoping I can still change my phone if I am really looking at a defective piece of hardware.
10-18-2010 01:12 PM
nope, actually the first phone just the touchscreen stopped working, then bricked..
2nd phone just the touchscreen stopped working, the trackpad actually still worked a lil..
anyway, Im getting out of my contract, Im gonna get a new Torch, unlock it and then sell on Ebay..
now Im going to buy a Droid X..
NEVER buying anything made by RIM ever again...
NEVER going with ATT ever again..
10-19-2010 11:07 PM - edited 10-20-2010 11:54 AM
well, I talked to ATT tech support and I actually finally got thru to BB and they opened up a case and gave me a ticket number good for 3 days.. The first tech support was a dunce and she told me that 7 hours was taken to long to upgrade software, so she told me to unplug it and re install.. That didnt solve anything, only bricked my Torch, tho she was right about one thing 7 hours is way too long, but she didnt solve anything..
then I called back to BB support using my ticket number.. and lo and behold I actually talked to someone who knew what he was doing.. We connected thru remote desktop, and he guided me..
he told me to never update device software when the desktop software ask u to update.. I told him I was getting a white screen and that it said App Error 200.. He told me that we will do a clean wipe and install everything fresh install.. He lead me to the ATT website and I DL the latest device software .246.. Then after it DL'ed I installed;..
then he had me connect the device again AND GO INTO PROGRAMS THEN B\LACKBERRY folder
then find loader, from there he had me select the apps I would like, then hit next..
then after about 5 minutes it finished loading, he then told me to wait another 10 minutes for device to reboot, and then my Torch works!!
if anybodys touchscreen stops working or Torch is bricked, I highly recommend doing this procedure..
I called BB again and had them send me an email for exact insrucions, so I have them on record in case this happens again..Here it is.. Keep in mind first u will have to go to ATT website then u will connect to Blackberry website and then DL file then open and install and do the following..
Verify that customer's device software is installed to their computer, or this will not work.
1. Click on the Start menu
2. Go to My Computer
3. Go to: C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader
- If its 64-bit windows, this will be C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research in Motion/Apploader
4. Doubleclick on "loader.exe" (it may just be called "loader" depending on windows settings)
5. A screen will open saying "Welcome to the application loader wizard". Click Next
6. Beside where it says "Connection" ensure that either "USB-PIN:<customer's pin>" or "USB-PIN:UNKNOWN" are displayed.
7. Click next. It will take a moment to connect to the device, and then display the Application Selection screen.
- The application selection screen will be a checklist of applications.
- Items that are checked off will be installed, if they do not already exist on the device.
- Items that are not checked off will not be installed, and if they already exist on the device they will be removed.
8. Have the customer scroll through this list and check off any applications they know they would like to have on their blackberry.
9. Once everything looks good, click Next.
10. Click on the advanced button.
11. Make sure "Delete all currently installed applications" and "Delete all application data" are checked off.
12. Click Next.
13. If loader.exe asks if you want to automatically back up and restore data, select "Do not automatically backup and restore"
14. Click Next, and then Finish
15. Advise the customer that this process can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes, and all they need to do during this time is ensure the blackberry remains connected. The first time their blackberry starts up after this process it will stay on the hourglass screen for about 10 minutes, nothing to worry about.
Once the customer can see the homescreen of their blackberry, they're okay to disconnect it.
The customer will have to turn their radio back on, they can do this by going to Manage Connections > check off Mobile Network
BlackBerry Customer Support
Research In Motion Limited
NA Toll Free: 1-877-255-2377
UK Toll Free: 0808 100 7466
Europe: +44 1753 558400