Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Touchscreen Keyboard

I am having issues with the keys not working properly on the touchscreen keyboard.  When the phone is in portrait and I press on a key what shows up is the key at the left end of that row ex: if I press L an A shows up on the screen, if I press U I get a Q.   If I turn the phone so that the keyboard is now on the same side as the USB port I only get whatever buttons are on the bottom of the screen.  If I turn it 180 degress none of the keys work.

I have also noticed this happening in applications like Google Latitude.  If I press any of the icons on the bottm of the screen the only one that registers is the zoom out key.

If I do a battery pull things work well for a bit and then it starts acting up again.

I haven't seen anyone else posting about this and I am hoping that it is just this phone.  I am exchanging it tonight.

Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: Touchscreen Keyboard

Took the phone back and the guy at ATT store said that the screen was not calibrated properly.  He replaced the ohone and this one so far is much better.

I asked him what I should do if this happens six months from now and he said that if I did a wipe and re-installed the OS it should take care of that issue. 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

that seems lame.  mine is doing that same thing and i'd much prefer to recalibrate it instead of getting a replacement again (and again).

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: att

Same problem here - 'a' and 's' issues.

Is there some way to recalibrate the screen?

CSO
New Contributor
My Device: Torch

exact same problem here; and I've written about it on other forums which prompted confirmation from others of the same problem. One person claimed to have gone to an at&t store and with the representative tried out 7 or so phones with the same problem happening on each. This is so frustrating since we don't know if it's a hardware or software issue. And thus I (we) don't know what to do: return device over and over or keep fingers crossed and hope it's an OS issue that will eventually be fixed.

I am having a similar problem and its really frustrating. I cant drag stuff and typing is impossible. How can i wipe and reinstall the OS. Anyone tried that?

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I downloaded Blackberry protect and the next thing that happened was that my touch screen keyboard stopped appearing altogether. I've tried going to options, set up to get it started nothing works. Also my restore connections and wifi andn bluetooth tabs are now greyed out - inactive. Any solutions please?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch (9800)
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

My Torch 9800 has comparable screen keyboard issues. Pressing one key, selects multiple.
Battery pull from on status solves the problem for short durations.
Is there a keyboard recalibrate or reset somewhere or other solution?
Thanks
Regards, Antonie