Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Tour 9360 turned off when charging now won't turn back on

Try Changing the Charger.. My issue got solved... Charger was at fault..

Visitor
My Device: curve 9360
My Carrier: mtn

I have the exact same problem. I did the software upgrade, and the phone just switched off and after that I could not get it on again. Even if i remove the battry, sim and everything, i just get a red led light for about 5 seconds and then a black screen. Not even recognise by the pc. And my one is only about 3weeks old. Any one ever find the solution to this?

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Bell

Yes ... I did.  I bought an iPhone.

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Mine has done this too today and I am really fed up. Only had it for 4 weeks. Didn't listen to those many people who said don't get a blackberry and regretting it now. This community support team is asking a lot of questions but nowhere is there an answer telling us what to do or any advice....I am not impressed.
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Razziegyp wrote:
Mine has done this too today and I am really fed up.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Lastly:

Razziegyp wrote:
This community support team is asking a lot of questions but nowhere is there an answer telling us what to do or any advice....I am not impressed.

Well, let's see...this thread is about 2 months old...it quite simply could have fallen off of the screens of all of the volunteers that support this site. Further, there are TONS of other threads with similar circumstances...and those I know for sure (since I know I've posted in them) have recommendations, advice, and even sometimes solutions for some folks. So, "nowhere is there an answer" is a bit too broad of a criticism to lay, is it not? If you've thoroughly searched this entire site, then perhaps one could make such a conclusion...but, from just this one stale thread? Probably premature to make that judgment, IMHO. Of course, you are responsible for your own destiny...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry 9630
My Carrier: MTN

My Blackberry Tour 9360 turned off while charging now won't turn back on at all. There's no red light at all. I dont if it broken or what.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

MaSandyBoy wrote:

My Blackberry Tour 9360 turned off while charging now won't turn back on at all. There's no red light at all. I dont if it broken or what.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Well, you should start by scrolling up and reading the post just prior to yours...try the things it discusses, and report back with detailed results.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................