Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Tour- Headphone Jack

I am a new BB owner, moved from an iphone because of the service....I am questioning my decision now, as everything has seemed to be a project with this phone.  My one question is, what type of headphones do I need, Verizon tells me the Tour has a 3.5 jack, the IPOD has a 3.5 jack, so why don't my ipod headphones work in my Tour. 

I found a pair of Sony's in my draw which i hate, and they work in both the Tour and the Ipod, how does this happen?  any advice for a discouraged newbie??

Thanks

Contributor

Re: Tour- Headphone Jack

I am by no means an expert, but... I believe that these headphone jacks include a connection for a microphone as part of the ensemble...where that connection is on the iphone is different from where the connection is on the BB, apparently.  The only reason I know this is because I bought a device that had an iphone adapter which looked exactly like the same plug, but would not work with my Blackberry Curve just as you are describing, even though it fit in the hole.  I could be wrong.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

most standard head phones will work but the device does have a multi contact connecter for Mic and multi media functions.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Unknown

I've had to return 2 phones already due to headphone jack issues. Most days it'll work flawlessly and a other days, it doesn't work at all (will connect for a split second and speakers will turn on) It even does it on my blackberry headphones. I thought it was just bad luck for me, until it happened to my husband too. That's 3 phones!! It must be a known issue. My first replacement was another new phone (which probably still had issues), my next one I'm hoping is a refurbished which I'm crossing my fingers that the issue has been fixed. I paid way too much for this phone to have headphone jack issues.

Put me down for my 4th Tour due to headphone jack issues.

Here's what i've found. Different brands of headphones will have slight variations in the contact points. Some will slide right in and others won't go in at all. If you notice there's a brass contact point right as you push the headphones in... This little contact will get tweeked from time to time. I've found that if you push it back down with an extended paper clip that will usually remedy the situation. However, do at your own risk!

In my opinion, total design flaw on the part of RIM. I think they should have addressed it by now and i'm surprised that more users haven't experienced it.

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

I finally got a pair of headphones to fit only now every 10 to 15 seconds the voice dial app kicks on and asks me to say something. Is there a way to completely disable this app or remove it. Its extremely annoying. I just got this new Tour on Saturday night because my launch Tour trackball quit working. Did not have this problem with my launch Tour.

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Sprint

Hi, I am new to this whole bb scene. Anyways, I am having problems with my tour...the headphones that came with the phone dont fit in the headphone jack. No headphones fit in the jack. Is anybody else having this problem? LMK thanks.
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

My 9630 has the same headphone jack issue.

Add me to the list of unhappiness as a result.

One shouldn't have to poke at the internal organs of one's phone with a paper clip t o make it work, I for one won't put up with it.

It would seem the headphone jacks used on these phones were defective components from the start, and there should be a recall or some effort to make the BB experience what it should be.