Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Tour and Today Theme

When I bought my wife her BB Flip phone I was a little disappointed it didn't come with a Today theme but figured it was designed more as a consumer phone.

Why with the business like features (improved screen, GSM capability, etc) of the Tour would it not come with a Today theme which is what most of my clients including myself use to organise our days and preview incoming emails. This is a huge disadvantage over my old 8830. And of course Plazmic doesn't support the Tour yet, so its a waiting game...

Is there an unofficial Today theme out there made by Blackberry?

Highlighted

Re: Tour and Today Theme

Bplay.com has several Blackberry 9630 Today themes listed for $7.99.  I downloaded one today to my Sprint 9630 Tour and found that it didnt work.  The theme will not show up in your theme menu.  After following all the advice (hard reboot etc.) it still will not show up.  I found information under their help menu that you must have an original factory today theme installed for it to work?!  That makes no F$%#@! sense since the phone did not come with one!    DONT DOWNLOAD FROM BPLAY!  They wont refund your money. 

Anyone have anymore input on this??

Visitor

Okay, I did the same thing as another did in the post above.  I wanted / desired a "Today" theme, advertised out on www.bplay.com for the Tour.  Pad the money.  I followed the instructions, the theme didn't work.  I went to their FAQ's and come to find out I need the base theme of BB Dimension Today installed, which is not there and doesn't appear to be available.  So, I opened a ticket w/ BPlay on the problem and waiting for their response at this time. 

Very disappointing for users that use the "Today" theme.

I saw the iberry theme advertised on crackberry by bplay for the TOUR.  I bought it and spent 2 hours downloading battery pulling and on the phone with Verizon.  The Iberry today is NOT supported with the TOUR so Verizon says....I will get my money back!  But what a way to scam money by bplay!  I sent a support form too...I doubt they will reply. 

I think I will inform Crackberry too!

New Contributor

Hey Guys,

Just thought I had to add my two bits here, I also downloaded the Iberry 2.0 Plus theme from Bplay.com, paid them $6.30 (after discount), and it works perfectly on my Telus Mobility 9630 Tour. I did not need to reboot either after installing it from the Themes (under options) on my phone.

I am so happy to have my calendar and messages preview back. This theme has a missed call listing which I don't use and I would be happier with a BB Messenger preview but beggars can't be choosers.

If you have a Telus Tour from Canada, it will work!