Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Tour
My Carrier: US Cellular

Tour says, "Insert SIM card" after quick reset

I have a Blackberry tour 9630, and for no logical reason it started saying "insert SIM card" after I reset the phone. I've tried a battery pull, and that did nothing. In fact, I have no idea if my service provider, US Cellular, even uses a SIM card. Is this something I will have to discuss with my service provider or is this something I can fix? I can't seem to even see a SIM card on the phone. In fact, I don't even know where it would be.

Thanks

My Device: Tour

Re: Tour says, "Insert SIM card" after quick reset

Okay, I've realized my phone has never had a SIM card in it, so I'm really confused. Why would it all of a sudden lose service and say I need to insert a SIM?

My Device: Tour 9630

I also have US Cellular and this problem happened to me while travelling last week    I don't  know why it did it but I had to go to "Options, Mobile Network" and change the Network Technology back to "1XEV" which returned it to normal.  I dont know what caused it to switch to "GSM/UMTS"

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: alltel

I talked to Alltel my carrier and they said due to me making a 911 call they previous day, it may have caused a glitch and put it in the gsm/umts mode. If it happens again they told me to come in for a warranty swap.

BG