Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Track ball broken and can't remove data

I have a new BB without the frigging track ball and am about to send off the old one but I cannot operate the track ball enough to delete my data. Anyone have any ideas how to erase or delete in this situation? The old phone (the broken track ball)  is no longer active.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Track ball broken and can't remove data

Does the device happen to have a password or it? If so you can type the incorrect password 10 times and the device will wipe itself. Also can input the incorrect password in Desktop Manager to wipe the device

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I dont think I have a password set but I can access it via DeskTop Manager. How do I delete my data using Destop manager?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

See this KB:

• KB10167How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone

Be sure to, via USB drive (Mass Storage Mode), double check pictures, videos, and other files that may not be cleared during the above process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yup just follow the link provided in the previous post to delete all the data on the device. Good luck. Let us know if you need further assistance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

that got it thanks very much