Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900

Track pad problems bold 9900

I updated my bold 9900 2 days ago and the track pad started to work with a mind of its own. The phone beeps like there is a button stuck down and will stop sometimes by tapping the escape or end key if not I have to use the lock screen button. It seems the escape key is acting as the track pad and the end/power key doesn't work 100% of the time. When I try to use the track pad to go to an icon it will highlight it then kick me back up to the navigation bar when I try to open it. I have rebooted the phone by removing the battery and sim card, I tried a previous operating system and I have tried to restore to an earlier backup, I even reset the sensitivity hoping that it change. Please help the phone is only 2 months old and has been in an otterbox case from the first day.

Thanks

Bill

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Track pad problems bold 9900

Hello

Welcome to the Community

Sorry to hear what has happened to the phone. If we already exhasted our troubleshooting steps, better take it to your Carrier and have it checked as it may have been a hardware issue.

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter