Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Trackball does not scroll down

My new (four months) Bold 9000's trackball will not scroll down rendering most functions inoperative, including Setup and other sensitivity adjustment tools.

Any advice on shortcuts to operation management tools or how to get the Trackball back on track would be appreciated.

Thanks

rjc9850

Contributor

Re: Trackball does not scroll down

This may sound a bit daft but......I just had a similar problem with mine. The trackball would scroll left/right and up but not down and for some obscure reason I just tried wetting the end of my figure and basically "oiled" the trackball and it seemed to fix it. Have a go...nothing to loose!!
Developer

That happened to mine.To feel, it felt very smoth when scrolling one in the direction it didnt go. My network auth'd a replacement. The day before it was due to arrive I did a full reinstall and it worked again. No idea why. I still got the replacement though.
New Contributor

I had this problem once within a few weeks of getting it.  I freaked out a bit, and then, when messing with it I found that adding a bit more pressure to it while scrolling down 'un-stuck' it.  From there is behaved normally again.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Read this link please

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14168&sliceId=2&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

Thanks so much!  I had the exact same problem and was getting ready to install a new track ball that I ordered when I first got the Bold but I saw your post and tried it.  Worked like a charm!

Bill

Regular Contributor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,

I saw it in one of the videos on youtube.

Your trackball might not be workin prply maybe coz it has accumulated lot of dust.

You can clean it by rubbing your trackball against a sheet of paper or maybe on a book page gently for a while and then use it.

Hope this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Rohit

Visitor

I had similar issue of trackball does not scroll down since today morning and I tried your advise of just tried wetting the end of my figure and basically "oiled" the trackball and it has resolved my issue of trackball.

Thanks a lot.

New Contributor

Thank you for your reply.  I bought some electronic contact cleaner in a spray can made by CRC.  Gave the troubling ball a good squirt, rolled it around a bit and left it a few moments and the problem went.  It recurrs occasionally and I give it another squirt.  Lasts longer than finger lick.

Try some as it really works.  Intersting that BlackBerry don't advise this and it has gone away from track balls on its newer models.

Peace out there.

rjc9850

My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: System Analyst

Resolved!

Thank you!