Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodacom

Trackerball Problems

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I love my BlackBerry and would like advice.  My phone's trackerball got stuck.  here in SA I am not the first person to have this problem.  Of about 15 BB owners in just of of 5 MBA classes, I ascertained that 8 had the same problem.  Our service provider, Vodacom, is telling us that it is user faults.  In my case, there is moisture behind the trackerball - nowehere else, just behind the trackerball!  At my request as to what I now needed to do, their question was - "Do you have insurance?"!

I am getting one of my MBA students to do a research study on the extent of the problem and the response of the service providers in SA.

If any of you have similar problems and can share your experience, it will be appreciated a lot.

Thanks in anticipation.

Johan

{edited for privacy}

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Trackerball Problems

Trackballs are pron to dirt and they causes problem for the users. Most carrier don't sell BB spare parts i.e. trackball but they can be found in mobile repair shop or you can order them online from many different shops like Amazon.com.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem ! Woman Sad

I want to change one !

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold

May I know the best approach to solve the problem? The trackball of my unit too is not responding to scroll down move. 

Thank you.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Rotate the trackball over a rough cloth all direction...this might help!

If not then try the as mentioned above. 

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Here's the video I watched before cleaning mine out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09b4tmDq2E

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: bold9700
My Carrier: airtel

Hi,

I saw it in one of the videos on youtube.

Your trackball might not be workin prply maybe coz it has accumulated lot of dust.

You can clean it by rubbing your trackball against a sheet of paper or maybe on a book page gently for a while and then use it.

Hope this solves your issue.

Thanks,

Rohit