Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Trackpad BB Curve 9300 Not Working

Dear Blackberry users,

I know this is a known problem with some blackberrys but I've tried everything I've seen and nothing works. I'll just explain my problem and say what I did. 

Basiclly I have my blackberry since a bit more than a year now and the trackpad hadn't worked a lot of times, but usually a little rub and/or a battery pull would do the thing, but now nothing works. I've taken my battery out more than 20 times now, I have rubbed the trackpad a lot, I've tried blowing compressed air onto the trackpad but nothing seems to work. 

It has been 3 days now and it is becoming very annoying, hence the reason why I am putting this post.

If anybody has been through this and has a "special" way of making it work, it would help me a lot!

Thank you very much to all the people that would answer that topic!

Highlighted
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Trackpad BB Curve 9300 Not Working

Hi Lucadog,

It may be that your trackpad has simply stopped working and is broken (given what you've tried thus far, this is the likely explanation). In this case, you may need to swap the trackpad out for a new one. If the phone is still under warranty, you can take it into your carrier and they can get it fixed for you, otherwise, you should be able to take it to any cellphone repair shop and they should be able to complete the repairs for you. If you like and are comfortable making these repairs yourself, you can even buy trackpads online and there are videos that can show you how to replace the trackpad.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: SFR

Re: Trackpad BB Curve 9300 Not Working

First of all thanks for that quick answer!

I also think that it might be the case since it still isn't working and I'm still trying battery pulls everyday. I'm going to buy a new compressed air bottle and try it (it worked last time with that) but otherwise I think I will have no choice but to take it to repair.