Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Trackpad Crooked and Raised on One Side, Three Phones So Far.

Just fyi it appears that it is not just with sprint. I just got a bold through verizon and the trackpad is messed up as you described. Works fine just very annoying that it is like that.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Sprint BB 9650 Bold

Re: Trackpad Crooked and Raised on One Side, Four Phones So Far.

I think it's by design. We got a batch of ATT BB Torches in down at the office and they all have trackpads with a slight tilt.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

QA ISSUE DEFINITELY!!!  The pad functions fine IF IT WERE FLAT AND LEVEL.  I almost always have to fiddle around until my thumb is at the correct angle.  ANNOYED. 

My wife has a 9700 and the trackpad is raised and Perfectly Level and responds precisely the way it was intended by the subcontractor that built it.  My 9650 is never a once and done.  I almost always have to feel around and slide more than once to get the tracker to move correctly. 

Verizon salesrep spent a whole 30 seconds fiddling around and said it wasn't defective and works fine - sorry can't replace it under warranty try calling he says...gotta go and wait on paying customers see yah!  I have 5 Verizon fones, the young snot nose would have been fired on the spot if he worked for me!  So I called cust service and they sent me a USED one with the same issue and back out the door it went.  Third one on its way...  Guessing it will also be defective. 

OCD?  are you kidding me?  A $500 fone should be perfect out of the box and function for at least 3 years!  And if your company paid for it they should send them ALL back all at once.

There should be a service procedure to fix them on the spot since it is a simple 10 minute fix (that I may do myself).  AND provide customers with a free month of service for the inconvenience.  After all, the service cost way more than the fone itself.  Sounds like RIM is on target to beat LG in exchanges!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a Verizon phone and my trackpad is also crooked.  It also seems to get stuck more than other BB's that friends of mine have, no matter how many times I clean/wipe the phone off.

I'm at work now but a VZ rep will be on site in a little while so I'm going to ask about this issue.

To those who don't understand why it's a big deal for us,

1.  We paid good money for these phones (most of us at least) and expect them to be in perfect condition.  We didn't pay $$$ to have a phone that has a defect on it and not be able to have it resolved by the manufacturer or Carrier. Or at least I know I didn't.

2.  For some of us it does seem to be causing a issue with skipping and sticking.  All the more reason why it's frustrating and annoying that the issue hasn't been corrected when some of us get replacement phones with the same issue.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Sodinator wrote:

1.  We paid good money for these phones (most of us at least) and expect them to be in perfect condition.  We didn't pay $$$ to have a phone that has a defect on it and not be able to have it resolved by the manufacturer or Carrier. Or at least I know I didn't.

2.  For some of us it does seem to be causing a issue with skipping and sticking.  All the more reason why it's frustrating and annoying that the issue hasn't been corrected when some of us get replacement phones with the same issue.

Both of those items seem to me to be related to expectations. So, here's my expectation...devices that are designed and built by humans have a probability level of ZERO of existing without defect. Rather, they have a probability of ONE at having, somewhere within the batch of devices produced, at least one that has a defect (probably more than just one...) of some kind or another.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I see your point.  But at the same time, it seems like it's multiple matches that have this issue since Verizon and Sprint customers are both reporting it.  We just would like it fixed/replaced with a product that is correct instead of replaced with a product that still has the same issue.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sodinator wrote:

I see your point.  But at the same time, it seems like it's multiple matches that have this issue since Verizon and Sprint customers are both reporting it.  We just would like it fixed/replaced with a product that is correct instead of replaced with a product that still has the same issue.

Not knowing the statistics (percentage that have the problem), it's impossible to judge how wide spread the issue truly is. Reports on this forum aren't really useful to that end...we tend to only hear from those with problems. Plus, since we're not RIM, we have nothing to do with it anyway. We're just other users, out there, volunteering time here to try and steer other kind folks in the right direction to get their issues resolved.

For this issue, the authoritative entity is the warranty service provider -- and that's the carriers. I will be very interested to hear how you make out with yours.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................