Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Trackpad Does Not Work After OS Update

My Curve 9360, previously running OS 7.1 Bundle 889, mysteriously started rebooting every 10 or so minutes.

I connected to the desktop software and was prompted to update to 7.1 Bundle 2102, which I did.

Now the trackpad is non-responsive so I can't scroll down to accept the user agreement.

Any suggestions on what is causing this and how it may be fixed?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Trackpad Does Not Work After OS Update

Hi Riqey,

Did this start immediately after updating your BlackBerry smartphone or was it some time later?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Digicel Jamaica

Re: Trackpad Does Not Work After OS Update

Started immediately after. In fact, I was unable to scroll do to accept the new user agreement. I found a forum which explained diagnostic steps for testing the trackpad so I download pocket controller pro to access phone remotely from my laptop and it turns out that after activating the audible roll feature in options there was no sound while I passed my finger on the trackpad - a sure indication that the trackpad was dead.

I bought and installed a new trackpad and surely enough that solved the very annoying problem.

My conclusion - blackberry's software update killed my trackpad. My question now is: Who is going to compensate me?