Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Bell

Trackpad doesn't work

My blackberry curve 9300 is only a year old, and has never been water damaged or scratched; but, the trackpad doesn't work. My warrenty is up now, but I have sent it away TWICE to blackberry to be fixed and it came back working, but only for about a week before it broke again. It works at random times now, but only for a few minutes before it stops. Even when it was working, or is working, it's still broken. The trackpad wildly scrolls up in sunlight, and doesn't scroll or click at all on normal occasions. I have to search everything, and can't check emails, use my data, or going on blackberry app world. It makes it impossible to do anything other than call, text a select people, or blackberry messenger. All of my friends with the blackberry curve 9300 also have this problem. I've considered getting an iPhone, but in all honestly I would just rather my blackberry work again! It's my favorite phone i've ever had, but turning into my least favorite as I can't even use it properly. 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Trackpad doesn't work

Hello mariamccliggott,

The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with the trackpad on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9300 smartphone:

Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29640

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!