Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Trackpad freezes BB 8520

Hey Smiley Happy I have a curve 9300 but I'm having the same problem! its not a perminant solution but What i do is i take out my sim card and my battery put it against a window or something cold for at least 5 minutes then it unfreezes for a little bit mine stays un frozen for half an hour if i dont use it alot but if i use it alot in that short time it freezes again! Hope this helps but i really want to find a perminant solution!
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile

This just happened to mine. I simply got a piece of card and cleaned the edge of my trackpad with it. It worked instantly. f this doesn't work I suggest sending your phone to repairs.

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, One thing I can Tell You, it's not the trackpad, I have 2 BB 8520 and one has the problem and other doesn't, so I used the good trackpad on the one that doesn't work and supposly the bad trackpad on the one that does work, The BB that dind't work, still doesn't and the other does!

The trackpads are fine, It's Just the model of BB that suck's, I got lucky In two BB one works and the other doesnt!

Smiley Frustrated

My Device: cure 9300
My Carrier: tmobile

Taje out the batter and the sim card and press down on the meatl plate, insert ur sim card and battery and that should do the trick- warning its probably better the get a new trackpad instald cuz I did that to my phone after a week or so it stopped working completly
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Trackpad freezes BB 9300

Not sure about the 8520 but the 9300 freezes too.  I find that if I rub the button a bunch it eventally frees up and it works again.  It will freeze up again though usally after I finish what I started. 

My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have a temporary fix. Press "Alt" and type glglg    Type "c" to clear log and press the "enter" button on your BB. (Because you can't use the scroll button) 

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Airtel

Hello Everyone !!

i had the same problem of freezing trackpad, 

Here's the solution, no need to open your cell or do anything else. Just follow these simple steps :-

1. Go to -> options 

2. Open "Screen/Keyboard"

3. then, on "Trackpad" -> Change Horizontal Sensitivity & vertical Sensitivity to 90 both !

4. And put "Audible Roll -> Mute"

5. now Save

now mine bb works great since october '13 and trackpad at it best, It didnt freez now, not even a single time.

Best of Luck  Smiley Wink 

*Sorry for bad english* Man Sad 

вιℓαℓ нυѕѕαιи ™
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, Thanks for the answer, it's a bit late, since the solution i found was opening that smal compartment where u can acess to the back of the trackpad, and apply a small piece of paper, card, between the metal and the flat cable so it forces it to make contact!

Turns out the trackpad made bad contact, its a crappy model!

Thank's for the support thoe! 

My Device: BB Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telus

I had the same problem Trackpad Freezing. Tried removing the battery and pressed down on the metal behind the trackpad and viola! Track pad works again. I guess we'll see how long the 'fix' lasts.