Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: dont know what this means?!

Re: Trackpad freezes BB 8520

That worked for me too... not sure how long for though... Will keep everyone updated! Would love it if that simple thing was the answer to the problem but im not convinced as nothing else works! Smiley Sad

My Carrier: dont know what this means?!

xmissiex wrote:

That worked for me too... not sure how long for though... Will keep everyone updated! Would love it if that simple thing was the answer to the problem but im not convinced as nothing else works! Smiley Sad

Well... so far so good.... had it happen again once, pressed behing the trackpad again (harder this time) and no more problems... will keep updated

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

Yesss, this worked for me too. Just press the metal SIM plate down and turned it back on. Worked for me all day without any problems.

Thanks.... Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Carrier: T-mobile

i'm worried if i press too hard something will be damaged Smiley Frustrated?

New Contributor

i tried pressing the metal bit behind the sim card, (well i got my dad to coz i'm too weak and thought i'd break it)  and it works now. skeptical of how long it will last, though :/Smiley Indifferent

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Ummm, i have no idea what piece of metal your talking about. Could you please be more specific

Contributor
My Device: 9700 Onix Vendor ID: 214Platform: 5.1.0.116App Version: 5.0.0.423(680)
My Carrier: Clarodr

I was reading another forum that had many people with the same problem. Some discovered that removing the battery and pressing on the metal plate that covers the trackpad fixed the problem
N/A
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I just tried the solution to press the metal covering under the SIM card and it is working.  So far so good.

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8530
My Carrier: verizon

I have 8530.  The trackpad froze.  Tech support put me through paces. Wiped my blacberry clean, updated software etc etc.  Finally agreed to send me a new one and trackball started to work again so I think it was dirt but NOONE ever suggested cleaning it.  Thanks, I'll try that the nex time HA HA

My Device: balackberry curve 8520

yeah im have in the same problem. one of my friends has the same problem but her whole blackberry freezes not just the track pad. ive also been told that if I take it in that they will need to send it off for 28 days to be fixed but in the mean time I wont have any phone. it really does take the biscuit because im am payin out all this money what for. somethin that keeps on freezing on me and no one will tell me what is wrong with it. 

if you ever find out what the problem is could you please let me know because i feel like kicking off about it all.

thanks vexed