Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

K29
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN

Trackpad issues (still)

[ Edited ]

I had trackpad problems on my 9300 I then had the trackpad replaced and paid a fortune for labour to replace the trackpad. Software was supposedly updated too.

No more than two days later, towards the end of the day, when the backlight comes back on after a button press, the trackpad would not scroll (but would still push). Pressing the trackpad button a few times to open a few widows and scrolling would fix the issue. The next morning the phone would be fine. But after a day of use, in the evening I would get the same problems again.

Eventually (as before) the situation got worse. I did a hard-reset(battery pull) afterwhich rendered the trackpad completely useless(as before)

Will replacing the trackpad again make any difference(im just unlucky) or do I need to get the phone wiped(software issue)?

(I cant view much due to trackpad not working. But OS version should be most recent. Had most recent bbm installed. Most recent appworld. Had a version of whatsapp installed. a version of ScreenGrabber)