Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Trackpad not working properly.

So I've had my blackberry just over a month and I've looked after it, not dropped it, not damaged it in anyway.

It was working fine this morning, then when I went to scroll up, it wouldn't work.

I thought it had crashed so to check I pressed the red button and that worked. I realised I could scroll left and right but not up and down.

So I took the battery out and resetted it then out of curiosity I just a dry wipe over the trackpad and it worked perfectly. So I tried my jumper and same again, the track pad worked perfectly, then when I use my thumb + finger, nothing, just left and right again.

I rebooted it again, and still...the same.

Why is it not working? (btw, I tried changing sensitivity and its still not working)

please help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Fido/Rogers

Re: Trackpad not working properly.

I'm having the same problem with my Curve 8520.  I've had the phone for 14 months and it started acting up about 3 days after my 1 year warranty expired.  The TrackPad has decided to work when it wants too.  I found that pulling the battery used to fix the problem, but no longer.  WHAT TO DO?!?!?!?!?