Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Curve 3g 9300
My Carrier: Movistar Argentina

Re: Trackpad not working well/freezing.

Same problem here. And I also noticed that whenever there is something between mi fingertip and the trackpad it works OK... 

Unfortunately it's not gloves season around here (south hemisphere, summer just started).

I thought about covering the trackpad with a piece of sticky tape. Certainly will look ugly, but at least it will work I reckon!

Visitor
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G

Hello All,

I bought this model three weeks back  from Redington India and facing the same problem.

Before buying, I checked trackpad in 8520, it was working perfect. But, after using in 9300, I was shocked as different from 8520.

1) The trackpad is not inclined with rest of body like i8520, it is tiny elevated which makes using it difficult.

2) While moving your fingers on it, you can feel that it is tough to roll or mov specially when moving vertically up. But sometime it works perfectly fine. I don't think that it is some problem with S/W but it looks like the problem with the built/shape of the trackpad.

Called customer support center, they told me to come over, they will see what the issue is and will return the handset after 2 weeks. Don't know what to do now. Can't afford to take half day leave and and wait for 2 weeks as they have not commited giving replacement handset.

If anybody is able to resolve this issue, please help.

Regards,

Piyush

Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve 3G GSM v.5.0.0.794 - Indosat

Hi, I'm a new member here..

Trackball problem is always occur in Curve 9300..
My Curve 3G looks fine including the trackball.. I only notice that to scroll up and scroll down is not as good as scroll left and scroll right..

To check the trackball condition,
1. Choose "Option" and select "Status"
2. You will find some information about signal strength, battery, etc..
3. From the keypad, write "TEST"
4. The test menu will appear and you can test everything you want for the devices, including trackball..
5. Just follow the instructions there..

I hope this information is useful..
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3G
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm not sure if it is just temporary, but I was experiencing the same issue and I tried turning on the "click" feature for track pad movement and it seems to be working better. It may be a hardware / software timing issue rather than a dysfunctional pad. If it is a glitch in the software (again, a timing issue), then it should be a relatively simple fix for RIM (i.e. while a "Bandaid fix" possibly something like interjecting delays and increasing track pad interaction priority into system tasks).

I would be interested if this helps others or if I am "off base" with this work-around. 

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Cincinnati Bell

This is what I did to get mine to work (knock on wood).  I took the battery and sims card out. Next, I put the battery back without the sims card.  The trackpad worked fine.  I set the sensitivity to 100 and then put my sims card back in.  I have no issues since doing this. 

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Sorry to bring up a dead horse so to speak, but I've had the same issues as well.  Removed the SIM and SDcard...rebooted...upgraded/downgraded tried everything to get the same result (which was intermittent).  So...what I did, and you're probably going to go HUH???...is take a piece of thin cardboard (i used a notebook cover) and place it between the battery and the metal SIM card slot.  Not in the slot, just covering it.  Low and behold...not issues since.  Go figure....

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: fido

hi my trackpad isn't working either Smiley Sad I can't scroll to nothing..Its so frustrating did u  fix yours yet?? And if yes what did u do Smiley Sad

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: fido

:=( i cant even geet to the options menu on the phone...trackpad is dead frozen, sooooo annnoyed!!

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: 02

Hi Smiley Happy I have the Blackberry Curve 9300 and I just got it a few weeks ago. I was just using my Blackberry as normal and the trackpad stopped working. So I just left it for 5 minutes and it still didn't work. So I took the battery out and left it for about 10 minutes, before I put it in I blew on the battery and onto the back off the phone just incase there was any dust clogging up parts to stop it from functioning. I put the battery back in and it was working fine Smiley Happy sometimes it just freezes up because your on it too much or too many apps are functioning at the same time, 

I hope this helped! Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

how do i go in for a exchange? i have a blackberry curve 9300 n have the same problem of the trackpad shooting up without any use n works without using erracticaly.