Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Trackpad not working

I have a BlackBerry 9300, and my trackpad is not working at all. I have read many things telling me to pull the battery, and leave it out for over 2 minutes, and I have done this several times, and still my trackpad is not working period. Can someone help? Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Trackpad not working

mine isthe same way , best solution is to pull the battery simcard and memory crd and leave it for an hour or more. people seem to think it's due to moisture or something but I put mine into a bag of rice for 3 days and it still does not work properly. if anything a suggest getting a new phone such as a bold or a torch because thy have had very little problems compared to the curves.
My Device: BlackBerry 9300
My Carrier: Orange

Hello

This happened with mine too, I am so annoyed. I can't scroll or even click! I kept great care of my blackberry it looks as good as new!

Is there anything else I can do as I tried taking the battery out for ages but it still didn't work!?

Please Help!

My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: at&t

Mines not either and I just used my upgrade for this, so what can I do ?? I'm not going to pay $200 for a new phone, beaus I can't use my upgrade. Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Maxis

same here, actually started 3 days back, checked on internet and tried few ways:

1. take out battery, press the touch pad for 5-6 times, then put the battery back, it works for me

2. without take out the battery, long press on the touch pad (1-2 seconds) for 5-6 times, then try to scroll up and down see whether work or not, it work for me too...

3. change new touch pad (i will once i am free)

1 and 2 are for temporary only, 3 is the long term solution.

change sensitivity setting have no different for me 

My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: AT&T

My track pad quit working so I downloaded the update warranty tech support told me to & it worked for a bit then started not working & the whole phone started freezing up! Today it was frozen over 2 hours, pulling battery don't work. Sometimes if I have someone @ home txt me then I pull battery it'll work again. Highly frustrating! Idk what to do, thinking about switching to an Android phone, obviously this is an ongoing BB issue 4 many that BB isn't resolving!
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: TIM

I used the 2 one...and it worked ..Thank you so much Smiley Wink