Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: 3

Trackpad won't scroll on a Blackberry 9300

[ Edited ]

Hey,

basically my trackpad wont scroll down. I have had this problem even when the blackberry was new. I dropped my blackberry in water but there was no damage to it, but now when I explain it to my network provider they think it's because of the water damage. I haven't got a warranty on it, so water damage isn't covered. They said for me to do a software update. I tried it and still no luck. If anyone can think of any solutions then please reply ASAP!

Thanks

Archie

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: Trackpad won't scroll on a Blackberry 9300

Replace the membrane and trackpad, the phones pretty much useless till you fix it, also,as its been in water take it apart(if you know how)voids warranty, and clean ever millimetre of it with a cotton bud and rubbing alcohol(evaporates with any dust. Very sensitive to pocket fluff etc. the Blackberry.

If you don't know how to do it, google is your friend

New Contributor

where do i get the equipment to change the membrane and trackpad?

p.s thanks for replying Smiley Happy

New Contributor

The membrane for your model (important)similar but different,trackpad for your model also, you'll get them on. Ebay. Membrane is just a sticker that goes under your keypad so don't think its wrong,remember TAKE OUT YOUR MEMORY CARD while dissasembling phone or. You'll snap the case and kill yoir mem card.
Clean every corner nook n cranny with a cotton bud and something like rubbing alcohol this especially goes for the board under the old membrane when you remove it.try replacing the trackpad first,easier then go on to membrane if no joy' I,ll wager the membrane will sort your issues out.
New Contributor

This of course voids your warranty opening up your phone
New Contributor

ok, cheers mate i'll get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks for your help

Archie

New Contributor

plus i don't have a warranty so it doesn't really matter anyway
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: AT&T

Maybe this will work take a very thin piece of metal (thin enough to fit through the corners of the trackpad) then insert it in the corners and wiggle the piece of metal around the trackpad (remove battery during whole process) then place battery back in let it power on then viola it should work if you do it right it worked for me